• In the Spotlight:

What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you when you were feeling down ?

Once when I was around 12 years old, I had a cat named: Licks, and one morning I was waiting for the school bus to pick me up and just as the bus was pulling up to the curb in front of me, Licks ran right in front of it and was killed.
I had the bus driver go on, and i just sat there holding her crying for about ten minutes, un till my mother noticed me from the living room window. She took Licks and had me go in, change clothes and took me on to school.
Right before lunch I was called to the office over the loud speaker. I was nervous "what did I do this time I thought to myself." As I walked through the office doors I noticed a little stuffed purple hippopotamus with a card sitting on the counter " The secretary said it was for me" I opened the card and on the inside it said: I'm So Sorry and I Love You Anna, and it was signed Mama.
I still cry to this day when I think about the kindness and love she gave me that day.

Anna154

Asked by Anna154 at 1:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Your mother sounds like a very sensitive person.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• aww, that's sweet :).

Honestly it would be my papa. He knew me and my grandma were close and when she passed we went on vacation a few months later.. to Gettysburg, PA. We went for a walk, just the two of us, and ended up sitting on this monument across the street from the little village and the Cemetery. We sat there for hours, just talking about the good times. I know it was both of us that were trying to get through losing her, but every year after that, we would go out to eat, just the two of us and go for our walk, and sit on our monument.
    I'm gonna miss them both a lot. He passed away this past march.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Gave me a hug
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:45 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My two best friends flew me and one of them to NY to visit the other one. We had a blast during a particularly rough patch in life. It was the most thoughtful and generous thing and makes me smile every time I think of it.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2010