When Did You Realize You Didn't Have ALL The Answers?

When I was in high school our principle said, "In ten years you're going to look back and realize you don't know as much as you think you do now." I thought he ws crazy. At that moment, I thought I'd done more in my short life then he had done with all of his. I was so wrong!

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 1:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• What do you mean I don't have all the answers? I'm the mom of 3 teens so right now I feel like I don't have ANY of the answers!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• when I peed on that stick and got 2 lines. best thing that ever happened to me, though :)
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 1:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think I have all the answers I need...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well if I need answers I can seek out my know it all husband. He even likes looking at these questions with me telling me he knows "the perfect answer",
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It's hit me just this past month that I have no more answers. I used to always be the one my friends or family could turn to for that shoulder and comfort. But now I have nothing to comfort them. The problems are more complicated than ever, and I always look out for everyone else before me. I'm thinking that could be the problem. I'm so worried about everyone else, that when I have problems, they go unresolved so I can look after everyone else.
    ellalilyan

Answer by ellalilyan at 1:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I don't have any questions right now... so i guess I don't need any answers...

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I never thought I had all the answers. I did realize how little I knew about pregnancy, breastfeeding, being a mother, etc. when I found out I was pregnant, though. After that, I devoted most of my spare time to educating myself and now I'm on my way to becoming a midwife and a lactation consultant (I want to work as a midwife, but also be a certified lactation consultant). I realize more and more everyday how little I know about certain things.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• LOL!! I know what you mean OP! When you are young, you think you know everything and no one can tell you different. You do have all the answers and know it all! For me the moment was when I was failing out of college and had to move back home with my parents. It was humilitating and humbling for me. After getting my life together and moving out on my own, I knew I still had a lot of growing up to do and even to this day, I know I don't know it all and have so much to learn!!

Good post!! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 6, 2010