depression

has anyone had depression? I just had a baby 2 months ago so i dont know if its from that or other stuff..... my husband works 7 days a week and is only home 1 day and i am in a town where i dont know anyone so i just stay home with my 2 year old and 2 month old.... so itcould be from that... but what my ? is, has anyone taken the depression pills? do they work? i go to the dr tomorrow wish me luck

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Health

• Girl I know how you feel! As a nurse I have ran into many females with this issue. The prescribed meds DO help! Let me know how it works out.
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 3:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• what you need to do before you go to the dr tomorrow is write EVERYTHING that youve been thinking and feeling for the past two weeks...that will determine what kind of depression your experiencing
    and if they feel that you should be medicated..everyone is so quick to say what type of medication should i use...only YOU know how you feel whats going on in your head
    setgirl

Answer by setgirl at 3:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• You have a whole bundle of issues in your life right now that could be causing this. Antidepressants can be very effective, but there are possible side-effects, and it can take some time to find the right med and the right dose. Please seek regular counseling with a psychiatrist or psychologist in addition to medication (if you do indeed decide to try meds), so that you can process some of what you're dealing with and learn some better coping strategies.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I felt the same way. I was even crying because I was at home alone. Try to keep yourself busy. Talk to other people a lot. I started my home business and everything changed after that. I was talking to a lot of moms, literally I didn't have time to be depressed anymore. Send me a message if you want to talk!
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 12:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2008