Should religion be pushed?

I never was into this whole church every sunday ladada stuff but I'm finding my belifs again my son lives with me so he goes to church and goes tot he nursery....If I continue this path which I chose on my own no one influenced me my family couldn't care less should I let me son find himself in the future or what?

butterfly3206

Asked by butterfly3206 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was brought up being forced to go to church as well as religion classes on other days... with my dd i teach her about God and the bible and so on but do not force her to go to church... i feel that we do not need to be in a church to pray or to be a good christian...
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• its everyone's choice.... i think guidance in having faith and beliefs to follow are important but not any certain religion should be pushed...
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 1:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• thanks that what i agree just needed a question lol
    butterfly3206

Comment by butterfly3206 (original poster) at 1:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I was brought up going to church. then, when I was older, I stopped and tried out a few different ones. now I go again. I've always known that religion is important to my parents, and I go to my mom whenever I have a question, but now that I'm an adult, I feel that it's important to me too. my husband goes to church with me (he doesn't have any beliefs so he doesn't care) because he knows it's important to me, and we baptized our daughter. your son will make his own decisions, too. he'll figure it out for himself whether you take him to church with you or not.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 1:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• no.. religion should be something that a person decides on after researching their options. It should be made only after they are educated on the religion without negative biased influence against or toward other religions.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Growing up we never went to church but I always knew abotu God and I felt I had a good relationship with Him. I may not have been able to quote scripture or anything but I FELT happy and close to God. Now my parents are really into church and they are always pushing it on me. For a while I gave in and went and I have to say that since then I have never felt so spirituatly dead. I can't even stand to hear about God anymore. It was the worst thing my parents ever did to me.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My 2yo goes to church with us. If, once he is older, he wants to experiment with and learn about other religions, I will give him the tools to do so. For now though, he's 2, so he goes with... LOL.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Including your son in your beliefs isn't pushing him.  We include our child in our lives so they are exposed to many parts of us. This isn't going to prevent your son from forming his own beliefs.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Religion should never be pushed, it would be counter-productive anyway.  Even if a person grudgingly accepted the religion, they would never be 100% committed.   So why bother?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:12 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think if you want to bring him to church thats fine...BUT if you want him to know there ARE other paths open to him you have to be sure to talk with him about it. Not just bring him to your church, and that is it.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2010