educational ideas for my 12 onth old baby

I am a first time mom. I was wondering what should i be doing to stimulate / educate my 12 month old. are their any specific activities that i should be working on with her?

swahili

Asked by swahili at 3:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Tell her what you are doing - in detail. Mommy is opening the fridge, mommy is taking out an apple, look at the yummy red apple, mommy is using a knife to cut the apple, look at the knife, see how sharp it is?, knives can hurt you so mommy is very careful, let's go eat some of the tasty apple.
    Pick a color for the day - look at the red truck, let's play with red playdoh, let's stack all the red blocks.
    Pick a letter of the day - point out that letter while you are out shopping or reading stories.
    Count out treats and toys - let's eat some apple pieces... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 apple pieces. Yum!
    Remember that when she seems to be mindless pouring sand or water from one bucket to another, she is actually learning how things work, all about gravity, volume, weight, and hand-eye-coordination.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2008