if u have really long hair is it super dry and geting thinner the longer it gets?

My hair is almost to my butt and my hair has always been thick but the longer it gets the thinner it has got. That happen to u?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would get it cut, not short, but a few inches and get some good conditioners.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 2:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yep mine is getting long but its also getting thin
    luvmyaustin

Answer by luvmyaustin at 4:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• it's because your hair loses it protein to longer it gets.. a trim every 4-6 weeks is essential, as is keeping up on it with a good protein pack as well.
    It's thinner because of breakage at the ends.

I hate to put it this way.. but your hair is damaged.. at this point it's best to take off about 3-4 inches, and keep up with it from there. the longer you take to not trim it, the chances are you'll have more split ends.. split ends can travel up the hair shaft causing other damage to the hair.. knots, making it brittle, and finally breakage.
    So go to the salon every 4-6 weeks.. get a trim and a protein treatment. and get some good shampoo's and conditioners.. professional brands contain things that need to go back into the hair, especially with hair that long. Things like protein, keratin, etc that brands like suave and pantene DO NOT HAVE
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• No, but have you checked out the Nioxin line of products? It really helps with thinning hair.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You need to trim off a few inches.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010