Alright I don't Know if it is just me or not so any response would be helpful. If you had a boyfriend that you did not see very often and had to resort to texting and he said he was going to bed so you say ok love you night would you expect him to say love you back? A woman should not have to force him to say it am I right or wrong? I don't know if our relationship is falling apart or not. Please tell me what you think. Thank you.

mimioester

Asked by mimioester at 2:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• my hubs used to turn off his phone so he could sleep with no distractions.... maybe he does it before he gets the i love you from you.... but if he never says it back i would ask
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 2:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Noone should be forced to tell someone they love them. Once it is expressed that 2 people love each other and share the same feelings for each other, than sometimes they may not say they love each other as much as they use to, but it is known by both that they still love each other, by the progression of the relationship

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I lived 1 1/2 hours away from my BF and we talked everyday and often through text only. If your BF had said I love you before and meant it I would say his lack of response to your love may mean he simply fell asleep (cause I have done that many times while talking before bed.) But if he has a hard time saying the L word directly and even when your face to face...... I think he just might not feel the same as you.
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 2:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• He finally did say it and I know he means it, but it kinda bothered me because he has never done that to me before.
    mimioester

Comment by mimioester (original poster) at 2:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it. If you have to say I Love You every single time the other person does then it gets heartless. I know you already said he did say it... But he'll say it when he feels it, I wouldn't want my bf to say it just cause I did. I've been in a long distance relationship (almost a year, just moved closer last month), texting is hard. If you ever need to talk you can send me a PM.
    TessaHoney

Answer by TessaHoney at 11:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2010