my 2 yr old? Repost

I hate to use the word thrusting but that is what she seems to be doing. She has been doing this since she was 1. When she is in her carseat she will what seems like thrust up against the clasp that buckle her in. I am scared to ask my doctor about this or anyone really bc my I do not want anyone thinking my daughter has been sexually abused. She never goes anywhere and I am almost positive nobody has ever touched her. I have talked to a friend about it and as horrible as it sounds she said maybe it does feel good to her...of course she dont know anything sexual about it and I do bc umm I have been sexually active. When she does it I call her name loudly and it shocks her and she cries. I just want to know why she does this? Is it normal? Does anyone elses daughter do it? What do I do when she does this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it is normal for a young child to figure out that some things feel good, and they'll do it over and over until the novelty wears out. its the same as when they figure out all the other wonderful things their bodies can do (walking backwards, sticking out their tounge, spinning around to get dizzy....)

IMO, its perfectly normal. my little boy will not leave his little "guy" alone on the changing table.

if you work on not overreacting when she's doing it in an environment where its not appropriate, like out in public, because you don't want to "shame" her.

one of the doctors I've read has made a suggestion that you treat it like any other "private habit" and if they're going to do it, set up an appropriate boundry for it.
    sunnykate

Answer by sunnykate at 4:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I honestly don't know,

I would ask the doctor, they wont they she is sexually abused,
    Its normal for children to experiance theirselves * so i hear*
    if your worried , then please consult the doctor,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008