HOW TO GET OVER A BREAK UP WHEN THE FATHER LIVES 10 MIN. AWAY

MY BABY'S FATHER LEFT ME AND HE LIVES 10MIN AWAY AND HE HAS ALREADY FOUND A NEW GIRL-FRIEND IN LESS THEN A MONTH; I'M TRYING TO DEAL WITH IT BUT HOW?

celeas

Asked by celeas at 4:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't know what hapen in the relationship, but if HE left you than you should'nt want to be with him anyway. Time heals ALL wounds.Try to focus on your child and your life and I promise you in time you will feel better.Also he is probably trying to make you mad so girl don't even give him the satisfaction!!!
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 4:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I know this sounds stupid.But it is true that in time it gets easier.I went thru a nasty divorce long time ago.I was just pissed at the world for a long time.But now years later, I just feel sorry for the guy.He is a jerk and will always be a jerk.the best you can do is take care of you and your child.and ignore him.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 4:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• there is no easy answer. just try to not think of him and know that you are better apart. with time it get easier and you will find another better. if this man can leave his baby behind what the hell do you want for your baby, a father like that. forget him he is a loser and who needs a loser in their lives, especially not the baby. so move on and consider yourself lucky that he left you. just concentrate on you and the baby. i know easier said then done.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I would fill my day with lots of activity. Structure your day with activities for your kid, sign up for some college classes, organize all the drawers in your kitchen, bathroom, ANYTHING to keep your mind busy and not thinking of your ex. If you sit and dwell on it, it won't change anything. It will only make you feel worse. Take it one day at a time.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 4:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• get a life, get out there and move on. He is your child's father so you will always have him in your life.
    "if this man can leave his baby behind what the hell do you want for your baby, a father like that. forget him he is a loser and who needs a loser in their lives, especially not the baby. " (melody 77) I don't recall that she said he left his baby behind. Perhaps we don't know the whole story. I know men that left the woman behind and it had nothing to do with the baby. He, like it or not, is the father and that cannot be changed. Why so quick to call him a loser? This is the type of mentality that keeps children from having positive fathers in their lives.
    Anonymous