My 2 yr old? Repost

I hate to use the word thrusting but that is what she seems to be doing. She has been doing this since she was 1. When she is in her carseat she will what seems like thrust up against the clasp that buckle her in. I am scared to ask my doctor about this or anyone really bc my I do not want anyone thinking my daughter has been sexually abused. She never goes anywhere and I am almost positive nobody has ever touched her. I have talked to a friend about it and as horrible as it sounds she said maybe it does feel good to her...of course she dont know anything sexual about it and I do bc umm I have been sexually active. When she does it I call her name loudly and it shocks her and she cries. I just want to know why she does this? Is it normal? Does anyone elses daughter do it? What do I do when she does this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes, this is normal. I actually learned about it at a sex toy party, of all places. It shocked us all.

Females have five different types of orgasms: Clitoral, vaginal, g-spot, multiple (usually clitoral and vaginal together), and labial. However, most women do not get to experience labial orgasms because ... drum roll please ... we liked being bounced on knees as babies. It eventually breaks the nerve endings in your labia. And, we liked it because, yes it felt good. I know it sounds horrible ... we were all terrified by the idea. But, in reality, if that's all she's doing, then there isn't much to worry about. Since you're sure no one touched her, ask a doctor and explain what's going on. Doctor's don't jump to conclusions. Good luck!
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 4:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Could she be arching her back? Possibly because her car seat is uncomfortable? I know my daughter had a bruise on her back that wouldn't go away. I asked the doctor and turned out it was because of her carseat.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 4:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my dd did the same she also examined herself alot to the point were she would be rreally red down there. She goes off with her dad everyother weekend and when i first noticed it i took her straight to the doctor. Luckily nothing was going with her as the doctor could see. he said kids will do it and if i notice anythign else abnormal take her back to the doctor. I rather have it checked out sooner than later.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 4:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• they examine themselves - just like they did when they were babies and wondering what their hands are for -
    dont scare her - just tell her to stop -
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My niece humps the couch. I don't think there is anything to worry about. There is a feeling they are feeling and liking. It has nothing to do with sex and they don't understand it the way you or I do. She's ok. Don't worry about her.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2008