MY BABY HAVE TROUBLE SLEEPING AT NIGHT

MY BABY IS ALMOST 2 MONTHS AND I WANT TO TRAINED HER TO SLEEP AT NIGHT..THING IS, SHE SLEEPS THROUGH THE DAY AND STAYS UP ALL NIGHT.. EVERY DAY I WAKE UP EXHAUSTED AND FRUSTRATED CUZ I DONT GET ENOUGH SLEEP..WHAT CAN I DO..

LUV-BABY-MARIAH

Asked by LUV-BABY-MARIAH at 4:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies are naturally confused - you have to make tons of noise and keep it bright during the day and do the very opposite at night - even if she's up - make her play time very soothing and relaxing and keep active duriing the day - I know it's hard when you're so tired, but it shouldn't take more than a couple weeks before she has it down completely
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• ok I had this exact sleep schedule with my baby around this age and heres what my dr suggest b/c I was exhausted. She said it might take a week or so or maybe even 2 weeks but it only took us about 5 days. Start putting her down for a nap earlier in the day like 10 or 11 so she can take a daytime nap. Then nurse her, play with her etc, let her nap, but no longer than 3 hours at a time. BC we alllll know newborns will sleep as looong as you let em! then after her maybe second nap around 2 or 3 for about an hour I would keep her up as loooong as I could just playing and feeding and waking her up if she fell asleep feeding,
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Basically just wearing her out till bedtime aorund 7 or 8. I just kept that exact schedule as much as possible and she sleeps all night long and has since then. If you teach them that nightime is for the "long sleep" they will instinctively do it. MInd you at that age I had to get up once a night and nurse her but I didnt talk to her or stimulate her I just fed her and put her right back in bed andit worked! Good luck!!!
    kelsbecca619

• Keep her up more through out the day, and she'll start to figure out that night time, is bed time.
    stephany21

Answer by stephany21 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• You can try and train her, but just remember some kids have trouble sleeping (even adults do). My 2.5 year just now started sleeping through the night when he went into his own bed.

Keep the lights off, nightlight only, stimulate her during the day trying to give her shorter naps, and all the things previously mentioned but just remember it takes some children longer than others to adjust.
    meitaimom679

Answer by meitaimom679 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2008