Who are your food inspirations?

I love to watch Emiril and get his recipes to make food exciting for my husband and kids. So would be curios who you like: Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart, Bobby Flay, Ingrid Hoffman? Anyone else?

joanthomson

Asked by joanthomson at 4:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Food & Drink

• My mother and grandmother, first and foremost! There is nothing better than Irish/Polish food! Yummy!

As far as TV chefs go, I love Guy Fieri. His tastes are like my own: big, greasy, bad-for-you goodness! And he's fun.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 4:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I hate to admit it, but I copied ONE recipe from Rachel Ray. My boyfriend and I despise her because of her voice and the fact that she has no neck. Yes, we're shallow bitches LOL! Nah...we just don't like her.

I get a lot of ideas from Sandra Lee because she's the queen of semi-homemade :P And Robin Miller makes a lot of good stuff. And Giada de Laurentiis used to be my favorite, but they haven't been showing her much anymore. I'll have to catch her new show when it starts.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Didn't Giada just have a baby? Or is ready to have one? I don't have TV, but my mom was saying something about that. Good for her, anyway! :)
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 4:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Yesss, she had a baby girl in March xD I'm guessing that's why she took time off.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Wow, that long ago? Aw, now I totally feel like a cavewoman! lol
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 4:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I enjoy watching Paula Dean, Rachael Ray & my favorite is the "take home chef" I keep waiting & hoping to run into him at my local Whole foods!!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 7:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I love Paula Deen, but there isn't much she makes that I would make! Too much....well, everything! lol
    I have a strong distate for the ubiquitos Rachel.

My food inspirations are my Grandma Ma, my Mom, and my Aunt Margaret, honestly. They are the ones I emulate.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 8:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I really like the "take home chef". He has a great personality & fun to watch! The food looks really delicious too!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 3:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My husband loves Bobby Flay, Alton Brown and Gordon Ramsey. He will watch one of those shows, get ideas and start cooking. We watched a Gordon Ramsey show not long ago and saw him making homemade potato chips for a restaurant and the next day pulled out the deep fryer and made them himself. They were awesome and not as greasy as the ones in the store. I am more of the traditional recipe and will go online and find something that sounds good. A few weeks ago I made the Alfredo Sause from the Olive Garden website. It was yummy!
    Cbous

Answer by Cbous at 3:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• OOPS! I meant Sauce. :)

Cbous

Answer by Cbous at 3:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2008