laying on your left side

with my first i was always so careful to lay on my left side. if i laid on the right a buzzer would go off in my head lol. now with my second i guess i am not so freaked out.

so my question is if u lay on ur right side while like sleeping - i always wake up on my right side - it will not kill the child it is just circulation based right? or wrong.. your thoughts? i am 20 weeks and i still have my big wonderful body pillow to keep me sane lol

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 2:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's easier on your body. But I laid however I could get comfortable.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• laying on the left also has to do with the heart and blood pumping..... its easier on your body and lowers your blood pressure... i sleep better cause my baby likes my right side and kicks like crazy when i lay on my right side. left side baby leaves me alone lol
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 2:56 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• no, it won't kill it. laying on your back is a definite no-no, but your right side is just fine. actually the whole left side thing depends on the person, too. it's all about where the placenta is.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 2:50 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i never heard anything bout laying on a persons back being bad.. tell me more? lol i have low or extremely average blood pressure readings anyway. always just below 120/80 so no worries there =)
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 3:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think I lay on my left side so much that when I lay on my right side it hurts so bad that I cant even stand it for 1min. I have move to the living room on th couch and it makes it easier. I sometimes and on lay on my back cocked to the side a little.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2010