Why should I have to wait for you to acknowledge me?

So hurt and frustrated. My husband came home and thought I shoudl wait over half an hour before he said hello or acknowledged me in any way because he first had to do the dishes, take the trash out, and shower.... How am I NOT supposed to feel like the lowest priority when I'm beaming just because you're home and he doesn't even make eye contact? Initially I thought something was wrong or he was angry about something but apparently I was just being pissy and not waiting my turn as proper...

GoldenLinds

Asked by GoldenLinds at 2:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow. Even if he had the crappiest day ever, you deserve more respect than that. If he really didn't want to talk to you right away he needed to be a grown up about it and just let ya know he needed a few to wind down. I mean, really, that is way immature of him to do. What is he, 12??
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• What an asshole.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• that is rude, but here's a possibility... maybe he needed to do those things to cool off after a long day, to improve his mood so he could address you in a more civil manner. I know I can come home grumpy at times and given a couple minutes to relax, can be just fine.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When I used to get home from a full day of work the last thing I wanted to do was acknowledge anybody. I needed to make sure the house was tidy, change, then I could relax and chat with the hubby. I wouldn't take it too personally. Also, we are each responsible for our own happiness so you could also grab him and hug him as soon as he gets in the door. If it makes you feel better that is.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I used to ask for some time to get my head straight before interacting with the family. I would be stressed and the drive home from work was too short. Now the drive home is longer and I use that time to transition. I imagine what the family will be doing and how happy they are to see me and by the time I am home I am ready. Just give him the time he needs. Ask him if there is anything you can do to help.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• sorry that happens to you!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 3:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• **hug**
    pinkdena

• that sucks...every thing he "had" to do could have waited for the 1-2 minutes it would have taken to say hey and give a quick hug and or kiss. You need to calmly explain things to him if he doesn't "get it" get counseling
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why does he do the dishes and take out the trash? Do you stay at home or do you both work and share household chores?
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Does he have OCD?
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2010