How much should my baby be moving at 19 weeks?

she moves mostly at night..shouldnt she be moving all day?

luvmybabies2011

Asked by luvmybabies2011 at 3:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had just started feeling both my kids around then. It was usually at night because its easier to feel when you are relaxed. They are typically moving all day, you just can't feel it very well because they are so little still. Don't worry it will pick up in the next month or two.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thanks...Thats what my doctor said but i just keep hoping it will be sooner lol.
    luvmybabies2011

Comment by luvmybabies2011 (original poster) at 3:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i feel it on and off all day.... im 20 weeks.... its amazing. baby mainly moves around while im driving or eating that ive noticed.
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 3:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Not necessarily! Sometimes babies are more active when you're asleep and relaxed - my son slept all day, and only woke up when I was sitting or laying down and not "rocking him to sleep" by walking. He was like that my entire pregnancy!

Either way though, there is no need to be worried. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:12 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Your welcome. I remember with both my boys the first couple week they started I was so excited! But It was nothing compared to six (or so) months and up! My whole belly would roll side to side, and get lopsided from the baby stretching. Its nuts! So so much fun! I promise it comes quicker than you think! It is the best thing ever! Until meeting them that is! Congrats!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• hmmm...so maybe she moves when im asleep?
    luvmybabies2011

Comment by luvmybabies2011 (original poster) at 3:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thanks amelia!:) this is my 2nd but my son was sooo much more active.
    luvmybabies2011

Comment by luvmybabies2011 (original poster) at 3:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• All babies move while you are asleep, I was woken up several times by it. (in a nice way) and once I almost had a heart attack! haha funny story. My sister who had just delivered her baby, was sleeping at my house and I was about 8 months. I was prescribed medicine at the time for a really bad cough, so it would help me sleep. Anyways I was totally zonked and forgot about my sister.. Well I woke up to my baby kicking, and when I looked at my belly there was a hand on it! I started like hyperventilating.. Then my sister is like whoa whoa.. ITS ME.. the baby was kicking, I could see it so I wanted to feel! hahah I had had a dream earlier that night about someone trying to take my baby out.. Ahhh good times.. still cracks me up how freaked I was!
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I only have boys, but I am told they are way more active then girls! Is this one a girl?
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• haha omg thats weird. I know when i was pregnant with my son he would push his fist up against my stomach you could see it and when i would touch it, he would move real quick. It was tooo cute:)
    luvmybabies2011

Comment by luvmybabies2011 (original poster) at 3:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2010