Movement question

I'm 16 weeks, 1 day. I've been feeling movement for about 5 days now on my left side above my belly button... is that the right spot for baby? Also, my husband said he felt it flutter with his hand, isn't it too early for him to feel?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was just at my OB today, and he said that as every pregnancy is different, new moms usually feel movement anywhere from 15-20 weeks, but he's had a few that don't experience it until they are 25 weeks along. I'm 17 weeks today and I haven't felt it yet, but we got to hear it with the electronic stethoscope ... it sounded like a gunshot when it kicked, lol. I think it's possible! Ask your OB the next time you go.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 4:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• above your belly button.. that seems a little bit too early im not saying thats not what it is because i felt movement too,but my baby is just barely above my bellybutton and ill be 23 weeks. it might be your intestines up there.... 16 weeks does seem early for him to feel it, but every person is different maybe you just have a really active baby!! :) mines crazy!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• This is our third too. :) That might be why it's earlier
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Your uterus isn't up to your belly button until 20 weeks, so it's probably your intestines that you're feeling above your belly button =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2008