My husband told me he had an affair, can I do the same?

After 10yrs he finally told me he had an affair one yr after we married. Does this give me a free pass?

1stLAgirl

Asked by 1stLAgirl at 3:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• could you do it though?? i would never be able to do it and it happened 9 years ago....
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 3:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would say no. It has been nine years. And two wrongs don't make a right. Why get even? If you want to end the relationship no need to stoop to his level first. Or if you work it out, I don't see how you cheating too would help. My sister did this, he husband cheated on her with my other sister for five years, and she knew.. But one day decide she got a free pass, which became several free passes. Then one day she realized she didn't need to get even to be happy. She needed an honest relationship. GL Its your decision. But I don't see any pros.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:45 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• No, it was 9 years ago. Trust me it's not worth it. It only makes you feel like crap and doesn't help the relationship, only hurts it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:50 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Two wrongs don't make a right. It happened 9 yrs ago. You went 9 yrs without knowing, why are you gonna go out there and allow your stuff to get deep in and then risk losing everything in your life that you have today. Be the bigger person if you just can't shake this then do something about it. But going out and cheating on your hubby to get to him is very childish and you have more CLASS then that.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:56 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• two wrongs dont make a right
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Don't do it. You'll end up hurting yourself more than you're already hurting. I'm sorry he did that :( I'll pray for you tonight :)
    my_monkey_baby

Answer by my_monkey_baby at 4:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• nope. Two wrongs do not make a right. Thats what we are supposed to teach our kids right? Well we need to set the example for them. Hope you guys are able to work through this. Good luck.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 4:50 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Nope. If you want to sleep with other people then break up. If you want to stay married cheating on him isn't going to help.
    JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 5:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• no, but not sure why he bothered telling you after all this time. Not to defend his actions, but after a period of time, seriously, I'd have just swept it under the rug.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Um HELL NO! Why would his wrong make it okay for you to do the same? Do you really want him to feel the way this has made you feel? Is losing your relationship worth it because if you do it is a pretty sure bet the relationship is over?
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2010