What are your favorite fall soup recipes?

I'm looking for something new to try. Crockpot recipes would be great.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 3:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Butternut Squash Soup in the crock pot

--1 butternut squash
    --2 T olive oil
    --2 small medium onions, or 2 T onion flakes
    --4 cups broth, chicken or vegetable
    --2 small apples, peeled and cubed
    --1 1/2 tsp salt
    --1/4 tsp black pepper
    --1/4 tsp nutmeg
    --1/4 tsp cinnamon

Use at least a 5 quart crockpot for this soup. Cut the squash in half long ways. Scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp. Brush olive oil on the inside of the squash and roast it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until you can peel the skin away from the flesh. Cut into cubes.
    Plug in your crockpot and turn to high. Add the broth, and the onion and apple. Stir in the spices. Cover to let heat.
    When the squash has finished roasting, add it to the pot. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for about 4.
    Blend in small batches with a stand blender, or carefully blend with an immersible wand.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Place cooked boneless chicken or diced chicken in crock or You can also cook the chicken in the crock first. When meat falls off the bones try to remove bones first. Then add equal parts of water & rice. Add can of cream of mushroom soup. Add frozen pea. Cook until rice is done. Season to taste. Some like to add sour cream... Let me know how it turns out. Its been years since
    I've made it. Not for not wanting to, coz I enjoyed it. I became disabled and now meals are pre- prepared.
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• This one is warm and filling--2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 can whole tomatoes, 2 cups chicken broth (you can add more for consistency but the CP cooking will thin it out), 1 cup chopped celery, 1 cup diced potatoes, 2 cups cubed chicken, 1 chopped onion, pepper and marjoram to taste. Put all of that in the crock pot and let it cook for about 8 hours. It can be cooked on the stove top for about an hour.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Pumpkin Curry Soup. I make it in the crock pot.

A can of chicken broth- put it in the crock pot then add about a half an onion, sliced or chopped, let that cook until the onion is soft.
    Add one large can of plain pumkin puree
    add some curry ( i just taste it to see how much it needs)
    let it simmer for awhile
    before you serve it swirl in some real cream.
    It is delicious. I have always thought it would be good to add potatoes, but I haven't tried it.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 3:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Split green pea soup.
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 5:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Curry Turkey Soup, Sausage Bean Soup, Corn Chowder, Broccoli Cheese Soup, Green Chili Soup, Ham and Cheese Chowder
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• ok so I totally Cheat and use Perfectly Potato Cheddar Soup mix by Tastefully Simple. I add water and in 30 mins have perfect soup!
    MrsWeathers

Answer by MrsWeathers at 8:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Italian Tomato Bread Soup, its heavenly!
    Usually you do your 1-2 boxes of chicken broth (and water to supplement), carrots and celery cut on the diagonal, about 4-6 tomatoes, roughly chopped, baby potatoes, quartered or halved...
    Let those cook for a while, to soften, then add more liquid, a little butter, and then toss in button mushrooms and/or porcini for a meaty flavor, 2 zucchini sliced on the diagonal, asparagus or broccoli... Let it cook on high in your crock for an hr, then check it, should be equally cooked.. IF not cook a bit longer. When that part s done, the "piece de resistance " is to take a head of Swiss Chard (one of the most nutritious veggies out there, btw!) and rip it into mouth friendly pieces, drop it into the soup, then stir.
    Ladle into bowls, top with a toasted crusty bread and shaved parm. (or bake toasts in oven to melt cheese 1st)
    So Comforting and perfect for fall! Enjoy! :)
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 9:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Veggie beef - I brown 2lbs of ground beef with lots of onions and drain. Throw in the cp with 2-3lbs frozen mixed veggies, a couple packets of low-sodium beef boullion, black pepper, parsley, chili powder, and then pour in a 46oz can or bottle of tomato or vegetable juice (I try to use low sodium). Cook til done, then sometimes I add a handful of barley or brown rice til that's done, or I'll cook up some whole wheat rotini to mix in. I don't follow a recipe so it comes out a little different every time.

Chili - again I don't use a recipe, just throw in what sounds good each time - usually cooked meat, salsa, beans, tomato juice, spices.

Potato - yet again, no recipe, I never make it the same, but it's always good and full of veggies.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 1:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• French Onion Soup
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2010