What can help make the baby come?

I've been told sex and wine. Is this true? And is there anything else that works? I'm not taking a ride on a bumpy road, I don't want my daughter to get brain damage.

JennCharisma

Asked by JennCharisma at 4:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A bumpy road will not give her brain damage. Sex can help sometimes because it can cause contractions, but it didn't work for me.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• well at exactly 39 weeks i induced my own labor by having sex then immediately going out and walking for hours non stop, when i sat and could move i rocked back and fourth continuously, when i was sitting in the car i'd massage pressure points and all this worked cause i had no signs of labor and withing a couple hours i was 5 cm and gave birth that night
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I too have heard that sex and walking a lot can start labor. The only thing that worked for me was having my membranes stripped. I was 40 weeks and 3 days. Good luck to you. I hope you and your baby are happy and healthy.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• The night before my water broke, I cleaned my bathroom closet out, then had sex. I've also heard that castor oil helps. And there is also supposed to be a pressure point on your foot that induces labor.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Patience
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I've never heard wine. Just sex.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2010