Have anyone left the church?

I have been stugging with this, and i really feel I might just have to stop going to Church. I cant expalin it, just felt lead to stop. I have tried and tried to go, and go, and now i still believe in God, and prayer, and his Word, and giving etc.. I will still seek God, and pray, and fully rely on Him...Have you left? Still gonna pray about it, and ask God about this..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I have done this because it was a transition time. God did tell me it was time to move on. He also made a way for me to find another church family. The one I am at now has been the best place of all. Every church I have been in past either failed or went cultic!
    The one I am in now is successful and precious! I never thought I would ever find a healthy church body and I finally did. No church is perfect because people still come carrying their junk with them , the blessing is that it is a place where healing can flow and freedom can have its place. I encourage you to ask God where He wants to lead you. Church is important in that you have a family there to help you grow and to receive encouragement as you walk your journey with Him. Be also discerning because Satan will try to plant discouragement as well. :-) Blessings on your journey with Him.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• God would never call you away from the church ... He might be calling you to a different denomination, but not away from the church entirely.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You don't need a church to have spiritual beliefs. Worship in your own way and you will feel better about yourself.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• its hard I know. You are probably not in the right church. Look around, ask people. You have to feel comfortable there and also make sure their teaching is correct, (some churches go way off from the Bible and the preacher preaches his own verison of the Bible). I would just pray about it and ask God to place you in a church where you would belong and contribute. God Bless.
    EricandAndreMom

Answer by EricandAndreMom at 5:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Perhaps you need a different Church? My family had never made or had us go to Church. It was up to us. When I met my husband we started going to his but I HATED it so I quit going. Then about six months ago I decided to go to Church with my Mother in Law and I LOVE the Church she goes to. It's a perfect match for me! Needless to say I have only missed one Sunday and thats because I had no way to get there.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I left the catholic church and after years of searching, realized I needed to read the Bible for myself. From there I let the Holy Spirit move me and now I am part of a wonderful community.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You do not have to go to church to believe in God and some of the most religious people I know NEVER go to church while most the ones who go to church are the least religious I know. Kind of hypocritical. You could try another church if you don't feel right not going at all though as others have suggested.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have never been a regular church-goer. I don't think it's necessary to connect with God. It provides something for some people, and that's fine. However, for some people it doesn't and that's fine too. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I stopped attending after about 20 years. I continued to believe and worship at home for another 5 years before it all seemed so pointless. In crisis after crisis, the church, its god, and its beliefs failed me. They left me alone and on my own. I became agnostic and then atheist, because I was so sick of absentee deities. No one is there--at least no one was for me, except myself. Some people need the noisy fellowship and the emotional high of attending church. Others, like me, prefer meditation and prayer in the quiet and calm of their own home. I spoke the prayers I wanted. I sang the songs I liked. Until, finally, I didn't need them anymore. You may be outgrowing the need for the emotional crutch of church.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You do not need to go to Church to be a good Christian. If you feel the need to attend a church, maybe try a new one before quitting all together. Either way- stay true to what it means to be a Christian and all will be good.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2010