Have you ever felt physically uncomfortable in a church?

Like you so don't want to be there?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• All. The. Time.

NEVER have I felt "comfortable" in a church.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes..... mostly when I get dirty looks for breastfeeding there.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 7:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I always felt uncomfortable at my in laws Church when people would start speaking in tongues - it's hard to explain what I felt, but it wasn't right there. I'm glad I don't have to go there anymore.

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 7:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I only go to church to hatch them, match them and dispatch them.  I don't feel physically uncomfortable (unless it is a long service, then my hyperactive body starts fidgeting a lot) but I'm usually bored out of my skull.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes. I was looking for a church and going to different ones. I went to this one and I felt so unwelcome and something didn't feel right,deep down inside. I don't know how to explain the feeling. I didn't even stay for the whole service, I was so uncomfortable.
    Bugbait

Answer by Bugbait at 6:46 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes only because I needed to be there so much, & was trying NOT' to cry, I let it roll & felt much better.'
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 7:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Very rarely. I love the people who worship God.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes, opulant churches (usually a catholic, for a family function) their opulance seems more of a tribute to man not any god. Also when I went to an pentacostal and the service was about taking over government and education to expand gods teaching.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 8:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I feel pretty uncomfortable when I go to church with my husband, who is Catholic. I dunno, there is just something about it that makes me uneasy.
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 9:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Friend's wedding. They had it at the Methodist church with the groom's side pastor to appease his parents, but had their own non-denom pastor come in to do the ceremony. Their own pastor was a fruit loop (after a year or two everyone got to know him better and abandoned the church). He gave this long sermon about how it's the wife's duty to obey and how she should be the husband's loving property. Even the Methodist pastor was squirming by the time it was over and the groom's mother looked about ready to explode. What was most uncomfortable wasn't the message, it was the rapt attention of all his "flock" - his church was aimed at kids, the vast majority were under 21, recruited at high schools, and the few adults that were left were not the types you'd ever leave alone with your kids. People never questioned it because they figured if it was church, how harmful could it be. Turns out if the pastor's a meth-head...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010