I'm paranoid - Help

I am 13 weeks pregnant and don't feel pregnant anymore. The symptoms started to decrease around 8.5 weeks. The only things I have are visible veins on my legs, chest, and arms, slightly swollen and tender breasts, and hungry every three-four hours and a very small puffy belly, and frequent urination especially at night. I went to the doctor at ten weeks and heard and saw the heartbeat. I also had an ultrasound that was good. I have gone in three times to hear the heart beat and it's been fine. I am paranoid because I had a missed miscarriage in Feb. at 6 1/2 weeks. I had no clue anything was wrong until it was found on an ultrasound. I am so scared to lose this baby. I feel like I should be showing more or feeling more stretching in my stomach. I go to the doctor again in 1 1/2 weeks. Those who have had similar situations and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy, please give me reassurance.

MentorMel

Asked by MentorMel at 6:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Please relax. It's normal to feel less pregnant now because the yucky first-trimester symptoms start to subside as early as 9 weeks for some - and don't forget - you're still having symptoms. I had a miscarriage in early February of this year and was pregnant again towards the end of March - and I STILL worry at 28 weeks. Hearing a hear beat is HUGE and reduces your miscarriage risk DRASTICALLY. One miscarriage doesn't put you at any higher risk than anyone else for another one - they are SO COMMON. I've even heard that up to 50% of early pregnancies and in miscarriage before a woman knows she's pregnant - but once you hear the little heartbeat, your risk goes down to 2%! Everything is going to be ok!
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 7:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Don't worry, I was so scared in the beginning just like you. I checked every time I went to the bathroom to make sure there was no spotting. being worried like this is common but try not to over do it. Relax Melissa823 is right, you do feel less preg. b/c your over the yucky feelings. I was just as scared as you and now I have a beautiful boy napping in his crib. These months will fly by get pics and lots of them!! congrats!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I totally understand, I had a mc in march and had no bleeding or pain etc when it happened so with my curent pregnancy have been so anxious. I invested in a fetal heart monitor and have listened in to baby everyday since I was 9wks, it has really helped and now that I can feel baby moving and kicking I ardly use it but it really eased my mind. It does sound like you're having quite a few preggo symptoms still so thats gd :) Try and relax as much as poss, its no good for you and baby to be stressed hun.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 1:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Since my miscarriage, I've never looked at the ultrasound screen until DH said it was ok. You're going to power freak until the baby is born, so try and find someone that can talk you through it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010