If you don't drink or stopped drinking, what are the reasons behind that decision?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 7:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• it doesn't taste very good, expensive and/or didn't give me the buzz I wanted.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I take medications that I can't really drink with. Once in a great while I'll have a glass of wine but that is about it. Kinda sucks when everyone else is partying.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 7:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Because I am an alcoholic who is now in recovery. I have been sober for almost 8 years. I hope to never, ever take another drink.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Because I never understood the appeal of getting drunk and puking all over, not remembering what happened, stumbling around like an idiot, being hungover in the morning etc. I occasionally have a glass of wine with dinner, but that is it. I actually prefer to just watch the others partying and acting like idiots over acting like an idiot myself. Up until a few months ago I was either pregnant or nursing sine August of 2004 or both and I choose not to drink at all while nursing even though the studies show it is all right to do so in moderation.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I guess I don't drink because my ex (childs father) was an alcoholic every chance he got he would steal money from me and go out and drink...he would take stuff out of our house and pawn for a drink...I would have to go get his paycheck every week and if he got it early some weeks the whole $400 something would be spent on alcohol...so guess i have seen the "bad" side of things and didn't want that in my life....by the way I got rid of the ex but did say with him way to many years
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Because I haven't been out in about 17 years.... besides it would be a luxury these days...money is too tight to waste on that...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:54 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Because both DH and I are social drinkers, and we moved away from all of our friends that drink. The people we hang out with now aren't big drinkers. Occasionally we'll split a bottle of wine, but that's about as much drinking as any of us do.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:13 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Because I'm diabetic and drinking more than just a few sips can shoot my blood sugar levels sky high.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It is too expensive, I do not have the extra money
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• 1. it hurts my stomach and sometimes i wonder if its from me drinking when i was really young (i could out drink like u dont know when i was 10-13yrs old!)
    2. Now that im older im afraid of addiction since it runs in my family
    3. Not having control is no fun for me!

I had a wine cooler about 2 mo... ONE WINE COOLER... and got a buzz... it only lasted about an hour but it hurt my stomach too ..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2010