whate age is this appropriate

i want to get my daughter in either martial arts or some dance classes like ballet etc. what age do they normally enter these classes? she's almost 2 now so i kno she's young. she loves to dance which is why im thinking maybe ballet for her

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know that as far as ballet goes, she must be out of diapers and not have many accidents, if none at all. Call your local dance studio and check up with them. My husband was in martial arts, and the youngest he remembers is six year olds. Hope that helps!
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 4:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• 3 years is when they start LETTING them into the classes like this because of attention span, but another idea would be a mommy and me music class
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Three is usually the youngest and then it depends on the child. I really doubt my daughter will be ready at 3 but other kids in our Mommy & Me classes will be. My daughter is just not ready for the "pay attention to the teacher, sit quietly in a circle" thing. And be aware - most classes for preschoolers want the parents OUT of the room during class. The parents are too big a distraction for the child.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i thin ill look into mommy and me classes of some sort. see if i can find anything in the local area
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2008