Should they get rid of the Anon option?

In reality we're all anonymous to each other anyways. The only thing the Anon does is not tell you specifically what screen name to yell at lol. Which is why people like Anon, so that don't have to hear the flaming.

I don't think its a bad option to have. Nor do I think its necessary either, since no one can do anything to you physically if they don't like what you said, other than type in BIG LETTERS at you.. lol

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:56 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think the anon option definately needs to be kept in the Health Section and in the Work and Money section. People might not know your real name, but they do know your screen name and can look at your profile, previous posts, ect. It helps ease the embaressment for some.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• No,because as we know, people can and do find the things you say and can trace it back to you.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 8:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would be happy with loosing the anon option - way too many junk posts and drama because people are not held accountable. I understand the desire for the anon in asking the questions, but there is no reason to have it for answering them - if you don't want people to know you said it, keep it to yourself.shh

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• No, I am glad it is there. Someone may wish to learn something, but is too embarassed or just plain shy. This gives them a safe means to ask a question. I do not use it but understand the use of it.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 8:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• no I mean I don't use it that often, but when I do it is normally something imbarrassing and I don't think I would ask it if it was imbarrassing eithout the anon button. The answer button however I rarely use that one so I could care less about that one.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I usually do not answer anon. Only to my own qustion that I want to remain anon and respond too. I have some issues that I do not care for anyone to know I am.
    I have learned from experience that is really is a small world. I KNOW some of the people who are on here are from my area. I may have not met them yet, but as I have had experiences like this before, I KNOW there is a good chance I could meet them someday. They don't need to know my deepest, most personal issues.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• What if you had an embarassing coochie question to ask? lol!! I would want that anon.
    jessica1219

Answer by jessica1219 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Zoeyis

I do not comment fully as to where I am from, but that does not stop the world from discovering things. I have been lucky that I have been able to discover this without harmful effects.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• The anon button doesn't bother me. Often I wonder why people use it on certain questions/answers, but I do think they should keep it.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• They are help accountable cuz CM knows who posted it. Its only hidden from us regular users. Even still...whats the threat really? Some stranger holding you accountable on the internet isn't much of a deterent.

"Dear so-and-so, I don't like what you said and here's what I think of you, so there. Singed, Total Stranger on the Internet."

Deleted with a smile.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2010