Does Alchohol Expire?

I have 2 opened bottles of liquor (1 is rum and 1 is amaretto) in my fridge. They have probably been in there for 1 1/2 yrs. I just thought about it this morning wondering if they were still good. I am abut ready to throw them out.

kh717

Asked by kh717 at 8:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• not that I know of. I don't personally even keep it if its been just sitting for months on end tho
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Hard liquors and liqueurs have a very long shelf life. Wines go bad quickly after opening, and beer will go bad even unopened after a fairly short while. Why do you keep them in the fridge?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thanks Ladies. We hardly ever drink and i have no idea why i put them in the fridge....probably because i have no place else for the bottles. lol i haven't drank from them in forever.
    kh717

Comment by kh717 (original poster) at 8:31 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• what swasson said :)
    you can also keep liquor in the freezer (it won't freeze because of the alcohol in it)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I don't know,. I don't think so.
    sharonbrown43

Answer by sharonbrown43 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010