I just discovered the most horrifying thing I caught my daughter vomiting in my roof

I have no idea what led me to walk up there. But when i saw her she had vomit all over her face and stood up and said mom i sorry i have a problem i have a confession to make. The worse is that their was a large garbage bag filled with vomit aside from the one she was using. This has me seriously freaked out. I'm planing to take her to the doctor and see if I can get her into meeting. The thing is that for a year i had been taking her to the doctor and telling that that she had suddenly become very active and dropped a lot of weight and her menstruation suddenly stopped. They prescribed pills to see if her period would return. I am so worried for her because this is seems to be very serious. Do you have any suggestions on how else to handle this. There are currently a lot of stressors in our life in addition to her dad not being a part of her life.

jenlesly

Asked by jenlesly at 8:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Is she bulemic???? I hope you get answers soon from the dr...
    boolie79

Answer by boolie79 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It sounds like she wants help, she didn't try to deny it once you found out. I would take her to your family doctor and also to a therapist. If she has so much stress right now she could really use someone to talk with. Good luck.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Counseling, support groups. You have a long road ahead of you... She will most likely be battling this disorder the rest of her life. The most you can do is get her all the help available and be there for her. Do not judge her. Meals can be especially stressful- you'll want her to eat a lot, she won't want to. It depends on the severity of her disorder. Just bulimia can sometimes be easier to treat than anorexia/bulimia together. I wish you both the best of luck, I hope she recovers well!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Try to understand (not approve) of what she's going through. A lot of parents (not that you do) make the mistake of not validating their kids problems. To a teenager something you (as a parent) might not think is important or even worth mentioning is life and death to them. Be there for her, listen to her, don't judge her and do whatever you can to help her. Get her into therapy and do everything they say.

Good luck
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• – collapse
    Handle it?

Its cool, the rain with wash the vomit off the roof. :)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:30 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• I had anorexia so I feel her pain. Try to be there for her as much as possible. She is very volatile at this point so anything may set her off. Good luck!
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 8:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• This is not something she can just stop. This is a disorder. Please, be patient and non judgemental and get her into counseling ASAP!!! The worst thing in the world is for you to lecture her, it won't stop anything and she will just try harder at hiding it. Be supportive and understanding but do not stop the counseling until the counselor says it's ok.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• ~*Hugs*~... this will be the longest and hardest road you will travel. I pray you can fix things before if they have not already gotten way out of hand!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• There is hope because she does realize she has a problem. It's good that you are taking her to the doctor and he can suggest where to get help. There are forum out there that you can join as a support group.  I do wish you luck.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It's good that you are getting her the help she needs. Eating disorders are treatable, & you will have to stay on top of things so she doesn't "slip". (almost like a drug addict) Both of you will need counseling to overcome this. Good luck to you both.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 6, 2010