Does this Paris video show the future of Ground Zero?

UGH..cringe..I do not see NY folks allowing it ..but who really knows..

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I totally agree 100% that this is where America is headed. It's not a hate post at all, just informing of what is to come if America doesn't wake up.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I stopped reading after it called a cultural center a "Victory Mosque". The article lacks balance and common sense. It falls under the "extremist" category for me.
    NonnasMomma

Answer by NonnasMomma at 9:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

Answer by NonnasMomma an
    ********************************************
    I agree.
    "Victory Mosque" is disgusting. Nobody can claim "victory" over us after 9/11.....they didn't win. And not ALL muslims wanted to attack us, and they still don't. Whenever the radical right calls the Mosque a "Victory Mosque" they are creating a fictional situation that only serves THEIR agenda, not the majority of patriotic and strong Americans. Saying any Muslims are "victors" would be admitting defeat but WE won't admit it because it isn't true. Those people on the Radical right need help.... need psychiatric help to dig out of their delusional and paranoic depressions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Tnmomofive, polls really don't mean shit. For every majority nayers poll you could find a majority yayers poll.

momentofpeace

Answer by momentofpeace at 11:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Just another hate post from you,completely expected. 

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• That whole article is so offensive that I want to puke. It's effing HATE SPEECH. Anybody who reads and believes that TRASH is ignorant. Go ahead and report me. YOU should be reported for linking that article and acting like it's completely acceptable. "Rampage through the streets viciously harassing" "fight back" etc. Idiocy. You should be embarrassed for being so bigoted and putting it out there for people to see. It's sickening.

And you are talking about blocking roads. WTF
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Seriously..streets pakced with folks would not cause any blockage? hmmm ..where is your reasoning and logic?
    ____________________
    You are not explaining what you exactly think will happen. Muslims do not pray in the street as a general rule...why would this become an issue? Just answer that part. Your bigoted article doesn't explain it either...it just says they will. I have never seen anyone pray in the street, except for a few youtubes of a specific demonstration. So where are you getting this? By the way, there are Muslims all over where I live. I have NEVER seen one pray in the street, ever.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It already is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaUYe7je9zw (it's about 3 min into the video so you don't have to watch it in it's entirety)

France is very secular, it's not like the US at all.  They are very strict, no religious symbols whatsoever. As far as I know a woman who wears even a hijab cannot work in a public places, most hijabi women answer phones/customer service.

This was in the news today:  PARIS - France's plan to ban burqa-style veils is already reverberating far beyond its borders.  A Bill to outlaw face veils is expected to win approval this month.

momentofpeace

Answer by momentofpeace at 10:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Hate post? You do realize if people block off the roads (where this mosque would go) with their prayers in the streets or whatever..it would cause harm to the financial market...
    ____________________________________
    Why would they pray in the streets if the have a mosque? What is the point, that suddenly Muslims will pray in the street? Do you know how long a prayer lasts in Islam? Maybe 4-5 minutes. And unless there is a specific march or something, they are not going to pray in the street. they have to kneel and place their forehead on the ground...not very clean or comfortable in a street
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2010