Why keep anything to yourself online? Its the internet!

nothing can happen to you in your real life, so this would be the ideal place to cut loose knowing you have said your peace and there's no repercussions with people you know in reality.

So why be shy of saying what you want on here? Afraid of getting nastygrams from total strangers? why? You don't know em, so who cares?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 8:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I only share what I would share with acquaintances in person.
    You can't hide behind an internet identity. There is someone, somewhere, who knows who you are.
    Besides, I would never want to disgrace myself...I believe in being true to myself and protecting my honor.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• ~*Claps*~... I agree
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Than again, I'd never say anything behind someone's back I wouldn't say to their face... and I have no problem in this life telling epopel exactly what is on my mind... "Rather be hated for who/what I am than loved for what I am not"
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• @lay... But what are they gonna see if you met...an apple? ;-) j/k

Which is also why I keep that as my avatar.
    But I know there are people on this site that live in my immediate area. I have had experiences before with "Wow, it's a small world". I have a right keep my private issues private.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It is possible to find who you are and where you live from information collected from your computer on the Internet.

Answer by Bmat at 8:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I guess I just feel like even though it's (sort of) "anonymous", it's just not dignified or classy to discuss intimate details of, say, my sex life with total strangers. Apparently a lot of other women disagree :) It's just my opinion and what I personally am and am not comfortable with. I don't begrudge anyone the right to talk about whatever they want, just as I'd hope my choice NOT to participate in certain conversations would be respected.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:39 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Because it's a small world and you never know when you will meet someone from online face to face or meet someone who knows them.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Besides, I follow the Golden Rule. I treat people how I want to be treated. Just because I'm online does not change that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:43 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Everyone is right on the money with this one
    3boysandmekmcd

Answer by 3boysandmekmcd at 9:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Oh I didn't mean personal info :) And that could be faked anyways. The common layperson doesn't know how to do that in most cases.

I meant responses to questions here, though.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 8:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2010