Pregnant ladies - if you went into labor while it was a storm outside with thunder and lightening and strong wind and rain - what would you do??

If it didn' look like it was safe to drive to the hospital in??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call an ambulance
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• stay home do it there im 35 week and my dh and myself have been taught in case of an emergency for birthing at home
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would go anyway. My husband drove me to the hospital when it was snowing and the news people/police were telling everyone not to leave their homes! You do what you have to do while being as safe as possible.

Answer by missanc at 8:45 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Unless it's a huricane- I'd get to the hospital or get a rescue squad coming. At home births are more risky & no epidurals!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would not go to the hospital anyway. I had our baby at home and will never have another hospital birth again(unless a true emergency). Home births are NOT more risky. Hospital births are more risky than a home birth for a normal health pregnancy.
    NAK
    ameliasmama1

Answer by ameliasmama1 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'd call an ambulance.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'm LOLing at no epidural. Just have the baby! No biggie. A womans body is made for having a baby.. Besides, some labors last hours and hours. You could just go to the hospital when the weather calmed down.
    jessica1219

Answer by jessica1219 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would call the ambulance if your hubby is unsure of driving it - we would have lost our first daughter if I had tried to deliver her at home and we drove through a terrible storm to get to the hospital. Thank goodness we did!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'd play it by ear... I'm not really freaked out by rain storms at all
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'd drive...thunder, lightning and rain never hurt anyone. I would have the driver be extra cautious.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 9:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010