Dying shoes with RIT, little help please?!

My cousin used RIT dye to dye her ugg boots purple/blue. It came out great, well I have some furry boots too but they are not uggs, they are water proof like uggs and they have that furry lining like uggs but they have a rubber sole on them.
I want my boots to be blue so I got some RIT dye yesterday and was going to dye them last night then had all these last minute questions:
Will the rubber sole get dyed too? – If so how can I stop it…Vaseline maybe?
The boots are “water proof” but I was able to wash them last night by hand, they soaked up water just fine the RIT dye will still work right?
How long will they take to dry?
Did you ever dye your ugg – or similar boots and how did yours turn out?
Thanks for your help!!

QueenB36

Asked by QueenB36 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Home & Garden

• OMG obviously no one knows!!!
    Anonymous

• no I don't know, but what comes to mind is when your tie dying, you soak you shirts in soda ash for about 20 minutes before you apply the dye. The soda ash helps the shirts suck up and keep the dye.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2008