would you love to see a study group.....

where they watch the behavior of kids that are spaned vs the kids that arent spanked? Not to blame one or they other but to see how they compare. I have heard a lot of people say i spank and it keeps my kids in line or i dont have to spank i just talk to then and they are great kids....but i wonder what the reality is. Maybe it depends on the kid maybe it does depend on the method of discipline....just curious what your thoughts are...would you be interested to watch a study on that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• Id watch it but i do believe its dependant on the child.... each child learns differently and as a parent you have to figure out what works best... I try to stay away from spanking but when its needed im not against it...
    Anonymous

• Me and my 3 siblings were all spanked and we turned out great. My SS was not spanked until I came along and told my hubby he needed to be spanked. He was a spoiled rotten brat in my opinion and the opinions of most other people, now he is the sweetest boy and everyone says so, and he's 14. Have you ever heard of a sweet 14 year old? Lol. I will spank my children, that's what their butts are for!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I have 4 bio kids, 6 step kids, and 20 grandkids....I totally believe it depends on the child, some kids will get it with just a stern look, or a time out, or even just telling them to straighten up...others I feel need a spanking now and then to help them remember.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2008