how long did it take for you to get preg?

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 9:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• With my DD it took us over a year. I had come off of birth control and like most women I was extremely uneducated about fertility and how to truly maximize my chances of getting pregnant. I did OPKs, herbs of all sort, different positions, teas...you name it I did it. THEN one day a lady recommended the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. I charted and got pregnant in one month. I realized in doing this how much of a waist of money the OPKs had been because they were so far off of my ovulation mark and vowed to chart from now on.

Now I chart for both birth control and TTC purposes depending on which outcome I'm wanting at the time. LOL.

I got pregnant with our son on the very first try with charting.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• OMG Zoeyis!!!! hahahaha

anyway, I got pregnant the 2nd month of trying
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i think im one of the lucky ones 1st month trying and hubs got me on the 3rd night..... no problems at all
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It was pretty instant with first son and about three months with second
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I got pregnant my first cycle after I stopped using my BC. Caught me by surprise, I didn't expect it that quickly.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Samuel is my only right now..so for Samuel..Mark and I got married in Aug 2005..I conceived in January of 07. So about a year and a halfish. Samuel will be 3 in Oct..and in the beginning of the year we actually started to try for another one. I wasn't ready before hand, but now we all desire another little one for Samuel!
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 9:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I dunno, I was hanging around the manger one day and suddenly I felt a movement inside. Thought it was gas at first, but surprise!
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:12 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• got preggo with my twins the first time i had sex
    teenmom2too

Answer by teenmom2too at 9:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• with baby 1 I was on birth control for 2 months beofre deiciding to have one so it took me 2 months after birth control. Baby 2 I wasn't on birth control so it took me 1 month with her. We are starting to plan baby number 3 so not sure about that one yet lol. We didn't use anything yesterday so we will see lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My dd took 8 months of really trying...counting days and taking temps. My cycle was all over the place-it was not easy. My ds was the first month we decided to not do anything to not get pregnant-we were thinking since it was so hard with the first it would take a few months at least-nope first try and ds was on his way!
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010