If a grown person says...if I was her/his age, I'd think she/he was hot...

is that inappropriate to say or is that a matter of wording things correctly?

in reference to HS age young adults.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• hahaha good question! If you have to give a caveat like that then its probably inappropriate to say. to me its basically like saying, "I think that person is hot but its not appropriate for me to say that so..."
    I've heard people say "if I wasn't married I'd think that person was hot..." that's just as silly... You think the person is hot but you feel guilty for thinking that because you're married. Same issues at hand here.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have a 5 year old who is very beautiful & who I can tell will be in the future...When people stare at her too long, I feel it is inapropriate. I feel very protective of her & if someone said that too or about her, I would tell that person straight out that they are being inappropriate & I would keep them away from her. Only bc if that person is a weirdo, the child's innocence cannot be regained.
    Eileen2473

Answer by Eileen2473 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• but then again, I'm a litte extreme & don't trust anyone! :)
    Eileen2473

Answer by Eileen2473 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think this is one of those things better left unspoken, there are so many ways to interpret a statement like that - and they are really no that good.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I never thought of this as being inappropriate. I means that the speaker acknowledges that the person is hot but also firmly knows that such an observation would be inappropriate in someone the speaker's age, and so the speaker does not admit making the observation.

Answer by Bmat at 9:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well i mean if they are telling that to their son/daughter who is they're age.. i guess thats ok
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 9:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Depends on how its done and who the audience is
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think there's an age limit to when it becomes inappropriate. If you're over the age of 19 and you're talking about a high school kid like that, then that's definately not cool. You can appriciate anyone's appearence, but to say "Yea I'd bang them if I were younger" is not cool at all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think if the person being talked about is over the age of 18, it's ok. But underage, no, it's not ok. To say they you would think they are attractive, or pretty/beautiful/handsome, that's different. But hot is a whole different level. It does put it more on the same level as saying 'if I wasn't married' kinda thing. Totally NOT a cool thing to say. It's like, so what's stopping ya? My ex told me that this chic (who's hubby was abusive, according to my ex) told him if she wasn't married she'd sleep with him. He responded with the same. Well, I'm sure they did, he's not the type to say that, and stick to the 'if I wasn't married'. If you are gonna say that, then the married part doesn't mean enough to stop you. Of subject, sorry.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When looking at a person you come to a conclusion about their looks -- NO MATTER their age, or your age.. It does not make you a perv, now if you dwell on it, then OK maybe.. lol..
    "That person is hot" and "I'd do her/him" are pretty different in my book.
    Being Hot, Sexy, Pretty, and so on does not just happen when your 18... And you cant blame other for noticing attractive people..
    Our media/culture does not help with it anyways.. Most porn & other stuff have very sexy, very "young" type bodies & it teaching us that young is sexy!
    Really.. The woman that are ok with their man looking at porn, alot of them are checking out "barely legal" so what does that tell you..
    Young - Is - Sexy... Even if its not right..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2010