11 month old sleeping through the night

I think i post that question yesterday. But i did not get any responses. I need to get my 11 month old daughter out of my bed. Please help..Because she sleep with my husband and I she wakes up in the middle of the night.

didine995

Asked by didine995 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your just going to have to do it....It's going to be hard she'll scream when you try to put her in her bed. but after a few nights it should get easier and if you can make it through it will be worth it. GL
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• not sure since my kids never would sleep with us. We tried, but they would stay awake lol. The slept in their own rooms since they got out of a bassinet. My youngest was out of the bassinet into her crib since 3 months old and that is when she started sleeping through the night is 3 months old. My oldest however she would not what so ever sleep through the night until she was 18 months old. I put her in her own room at 2 weeks old only because she hated the bassinet she ould not sleep in it. I put her in her own room although at 5 months old she did sleep a fewtimes through the night she wouldn't if she could help it lol. She woke up until she was 18 months old
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Getting her out of your bed isn't going to cure nightwaking or needing night feeds or teething etc. You need to understand that she wakes up because she likely is hungry, or teething, or learned something new and is excited, or even to potty. A separate bed won't mean you won't have to night parent, it just means you will have to get up to go to another room. Waking once is wonderful! A "sleep through" is considered five hours...to expect any more than that is unfair. Even adults wake at least once for various reasons even if they don't remember. Sleep patterns in children don't really settle until age 3 or 4. Anything that happens before that is unusual for the vast majority of babies.

If you absolutely must change the family bed sleep pattern then read this article: Changing patterns in the family bed by Dr. jay Gordan
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thanks amileegirl....That was very informative... Because I hear mom say that they kids sleep through night. And they are just as young as my baby.
    didine995

Comment by didine995 (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Your child is 100% normal. I have yet to meet the real baby who doesn't wake OFTEN. The Dr. Jay article is probably the best thing ever written on making the transition.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010