11 month old daughter not walking yet

Should i be worried if my daughter does not walk by the time she turns 1, which is in a couple of weeks.

didine995

Asked by didine995 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No.
    jessica1219

Answer by jessica1219 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Nope every child does in their own time.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My older son didn't walk until 13 months and not steadily until closer to 15 months.

Answer by Bmat at 9:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• No you shouldn't worry. My daughter started walking by herself at 14months.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• nope, it's still early
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 9:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My son didn't walk until 17 months my daughter 18 months. neither one was considered 'delayed' since they were trying. Pulling to standing. DD was standing up in the middle of the floor. Walking along the side of furniture... ect...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Nope, my niece was 15 months old before she walked and I have cousins that were even older, every baby is different.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• no. My kids were pretty young, but they were always on the floor and always on the go lol. My first was 8.5 months old and my youngest was 10.5 months. My nephew was 18 months however. It depends on how much down time the child has I think. I honestly would worry to much especially at 11 months most kids don't start walking until 12-14 or even 15 months old
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• no... every kid has their own timeline... just remember as soon as they start walking you have to start chasing them hahaha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:34 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• No. My 11mo has looked like she has been going to walk "any day" since 8 months but hasn't yet. Crawling is faster :) and Climbing is more fun.

As long as your baby can move from point A to point B that's the important thing. Is she standing? Pulling up? furniture "walking"? All this is good also.

If she spends a lot of time in bouncer and exersaucers etc, i personally would limit their use to no more than a couple of hours a day. Babies need to have room to move and exercise and explore
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2010