Please Help My 12 year old daughter is into boys now!

So my Daughter Emily just told me that she likes this boy and she has liked him since 4th grade and now she is in 6th. She told me she did not know if he liked her back but she has a good feeling that he does. She asked me what some good ways to find out if he likes her to but I do not know i was never in that situation my first boy friend and now he is my husband asked me out. I am in complete shock. Please help me give her some tips.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I haven't been in this situation as a parent...but I would probably ask her why she likes him just to know what is going on in her head. See who this guy is and what he is like. Then if I think it's ok tell her that she should just start being friends with him. There really is no way to know if someone likes you until you ask or they tell you. so anyway I would basically just encourage her to be friends with him and maybe have "the talk" and let her know what guys want from girls so she is less likely to get pressured into doing things if she is already interested in boys.
    theroxy

Answer by theroxy at 5:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• we sat down for like an hour last night and she said that it is her best friend for two years. So she knows all about him and she has already had the talk.
    Anonymous

• Kids this age are big on notes, tell her to write him a note asking him how he feels about her. My dd, is 13 and she tells me all the time that so and so wrote so and so a note and asked them to "go with them"....they seem to switch bf/gf alot, like every week!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• put her on birth control
    Anonymous