Stretchmarks?!

So, I have TERRIBLE stretch marks. I'm currently pregnant, and about to have my first. However, I'm only 18! I don't want to have to live with these wretched things for the rest of my life, I'm still young! >_< I have them covering my breasts, a couple small ones on my back, and a cluster of large purple ones under my stomach. Yes, I know I should have been moisturizing, but I'm 18 and living in a 2 bedroom townhouse, with no help from family, it was lotion or food! With some extra cash available next month before my son is born, I wanted to finally spend it on something for myself (stretch mark remover) any advice on which ones work, which ones you've tried personally, etc?

PS: Skin color= Pale white

Smexkitten

Asked by Smexkitten at 5:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• they go away when your body regains its normal weight - loose the weight get muscle back and they will fade with time.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Well, im sorry to say it.. but you should have thought about it earlier.

You cant say: "ok, i want a child but hell i didnt order those stretch marks with it"... ;))

they just come with it. and you have to deal with it. And yes, you will have them for the rest of your life. Doesnt matter if you want it or not and if you like it or not. As vakatia said "they will fade with time"... which means YEARS. but they will always be there.

most of those lotions and stuff dont work. its just money-making-business.

last week someone on here called the stretch marks "Mommy scars"... That was very cute. And thats how you should see them too. Mommy scars.

I would understand it if you hate scars you get because of an accident ect. But pregnancy stretch marks. I cherish every single one of my mommy scars :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• If your light or pale like you said, they will eventually go away on their own. I have heard of this stuff called Bio-Oil its supposed to be pretty good...Try that.. you can find it at CVS or Walgreens. its like $10.00 per bottle.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• the sell this amazing stuff calle bio oil at your local retail pharmacies it sells fo r about $9.99 and works great
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 7:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Waiting + Bio-oil sounds like the best solutions so far :) lol
    Smexkitten

Answer by Smexkitten at 7:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• in the end....sometimes they just stay their. learn to deal with it. they are mommy marks
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I know someone who used Visibly Fit Body Lotion from Mary Kay and it helped to reduce her stretch marks (I'm not sure if they went away entirely). You can go to www.marykay.com to find a consultant near you if you don't know one...
    MrsRuz

Answer by MrsRuz at 10:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• The herb chickweed (in liquid form) is excellent for reducing/fading stretch marks. It's usually around $8 or $10 a bottle. You will have to get it from a natural foods store.. or contact me if you need help finding some.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2008