• In the Spotlight:

How do you make your marriage work or happy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Normally things go pretty east, however this year has been hard. It takes a lot of work. Good luck!
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My Ramone and I are very happy ... but we have tough times too. Respect. Respect is the key. We respect each other. We treat each other with respect. If we disagree, we do so respectfully. If we have a problem, we solve it respectfully. A relationship isn't good without respect.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Patience, Respect, Trust, Kindness, faith.
    I am always learning. It takes a lot of letting go of your own selfishness and rather be open to change, growth, and oneness.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have found that in my marriage is Trust.. then Communications, Respect, and love. If you can trust your partner, then you can believe what he/she is saying. Then the respect will fall in order. After all that, then we fell more in love then what we had felt before.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 11:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Mutual trust, respect, consideration, cooperation, communication and you have to be able to laugh at things sometimes. Knowing that neither of you is perfect, and not expecting each other to be. Don't make a big deal of the little things you fight about, let them go and realize that they are not important enough to tear your marriage apart. It takes a lot of work, but if you work as a team, it is well worth it. good luck!!!!
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 1:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Love, respect, care Etc.. And to live our life together forever in peace. We're married 30 years now. Just got there on the 30th. Its been in good and in bad. But we're still working at our happily ever after... Working together and loving each other.. Good Luck!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Love, Respect, Friendship, Communication and Trust.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Communication, respect one another, loving one another and trusting one another are keys to my successful marriage
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My husband and I started marriage counselling before we got married and are continuing it now...not because we have problems, it just helps to keep us in check, and make us realize things we don't normally...in otherwords, it keeps us from having problems.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 8:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2010