Should I wait until after my baby shower to buy baby stuff?

We bought the big stuff like crib and dresser... we have a lot of baby clothes already... but we havn't bought things like the stroller, carseat, highchair, etc...
what about things like sheets, blankets, towels, soaps & lotions, etc...

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 9:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, wait ... that way, you can buy only what you need.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yeah i would wait until after to buy that stuff. you never know what you will get from others.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Wait. You never what you will get at the shower. You may even get a gift card to use.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes, just give it time. :) You may get a lot more of the smaller things at the shower.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Definitely wait.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yes just had mine on saturday and i got alot of stuff need to get a few more thing but i am saving a ton of money
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You will probably get most of that stuff at your shower. Wait & see. And have a diaper party too- we did & I didn't have to buy diapers for a whole year, wipes for 4 mos & Little Swimmers for 2 summers! Along w/ nursing, my dau was pretty cheap for that 1st year! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I know its really hard but wait....dont even buy anymore clothes cause god knows your gonna have em coming out of your ears.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:42 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes wait until after the shower.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• def. wait ... AND keep ALL recipts etc. --- I ended up doing a LOT of exchanging even after ds was born ... things I thought I would use I didn't and vice versa.
    BTW... this is just my always advice... forget the high chair and go for the ones that you can buckle on (around and under) to a kitchen chair... take up WAAAAYYYYY less room, easy to clean, portable, you can use it for YEARS (goes from "high chair" to booster seat, AND IMO generally safer (came to this conclusion after my 7 month tried to use the high chair to climb on the kitchen counter)... gave it away, got the little one and did the same with dd when she was born.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010