verse?

What is your faviorte bible verse and why?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wow, I have so many it would take hours...ha ha.

My "life" verses (meaning a verse that means the most to me) are ~
    Philippians 1:21 "For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain." The ultimate reward is eternity in heaven, so death holds hope and a promise to me. I can't wait to see Christ face to face. But, as long as God keeps me on earth my life is His, I will live for him in all I do and say.

John 3:30 "He must become greater, and I must become less." Keeps my life in perspective and always gets me to take stock on what I consider important. It also helps keep my own ego and selfish attitude/desires in check.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• There isn't enough room to put it here but recently my favorite verse is Matthew 6:25-34.

tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Jesus said "I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be lossed in heaven."
    Because it tells me that I've been given power in the name of JESUS!

and

"Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are their ancestors and Christ himself was an Israelite as far as his human nature is concerned. And he is GOD, the one who rules over EVERYTHING and is worthy of eternal praise." It proves that Jesus is God!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• yeah I have alot but mine is
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him will not perish but have ever lasting life...
    jesusfreak7085

Answer by jesusfreak7085 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• One is 2 Cor. 5:17... Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Like it so much it's tattooed on my wrist.

I have others: but not enough space on here.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Mine is "Jesus wept". I can't remember exactly where it is. But to me it shows he was human. also, John 3:16 For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him will not perish, but have ever lasting life." Can anyone by chance tell me where my favorite scripture is, "Jesus wept".?
    Anonymous

• Anon 9:06 - your fav verse is in John 11:35.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I like 1Corinthians 13. The "Love" chapter. I would read it when I then fiance would have problems. We would actually read it together. Now if we hear it somewhere like church, we always squeeze each others hand and kind of wink like it's our verse:)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Mine is Zephaniah 3:17 "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

This is my favorite because it makes you realize you're so precious to God. Melanie
    GodLovesMel

Answer by GodLovesMel at 1:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• So very many!

Nahum 1:7 ~ The LORD is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble;And He knows those who trust in Him.

Jeremiah 29:11~~For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

John 14:1-3 ~~1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

John 14:6~~Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Psalms 40,118, 37, .......
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2008