..i took everything within me to not go up to her and say " DUH, DUMBASS "

I was at the park yesterday and I heard a woman actually tell her little boy " No don't play in the dirt, it's dirty ! "

duh, dirt is dirty....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Sounds like my neighbor. She has one boy age..well almost 6. He is not allowed to play in dirt. My sons run and play and are dirty a lot! They are always bathed before bed and before we leave home. She has sent my boys home telling them to tell me to wash their faces. Hello, if they are dirty at your house, sheece wipe their faces if it bothers you so much. I am not saying let your kids run around like homeless little ragamuffins, but in my op if they don't get a bit dirty, then they didn't play and have fun. I let my kids play in the dirt if they want to...play is their "work". It is a learning experience, some people are too uptight!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:30 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Lol, I'v done my best lately to just let my kids be kids and not worry about silly things. :) Like yesterday they wanted to wear dresses at 6pm, lol. At first I went to say no and then I thought to myself.... how much longer will they ask to do these silly little things? They will be all grown up before I know it and I will regret saying no to something so cute when I an easily wash a load of laundry or something and just let them have fun. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We all get so frazzled from time to time, the mouth & brain dont always work in harmony! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• omg just as bad as... "get out of the puddle the water is wet"
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 10:01 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would have probably just laughed. We all say stupid things sometimes.
    But I would have let my kid play in the dirt. The great thing about kids is that they are washable.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Sounds like my SIL's mother in law. It was always - stay out of the dirt, you'll get dirty, don't run you'll get hurt. It was so sad. You should have seen the woman's face when I put my toddler down on the ground and he started digging in the dirt. She was about to have a heart attack because he was dirty. I told her that that is why there are bath tubs.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would have busted out laughing.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:01 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why are people so afraid to let their kids get dirty these days?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 10:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Kids will be kids! They have to experience these things!
    barbie3784

Answer by barbie3784 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My husband is the same way to our son.
    It drives me insane.

ITS WASHABLE! -duh-

Lol
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 6, 2010