Is it a good idea to register even though you may not have a baby shower? Also, if noone else plans one, is it tacky to plan your own?

barbie3784

Asked by barbie3784 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is it your first baby?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 10:04 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It is very tacky to give your own shower. But yes, you could register. Even if no one plans a shower, people will want to buy gifts and people will ask you what you want or what you need - and it's easy to say "I'm registered at wherever"
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You can plan your own w/ help from a bff or family member. It's great to register so people know what you want/need. Have a diaper party too if you can- I made out great w/ ours!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes, it's tacky to plan one. I would register, just in case someone surprises you with one.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thanks! I was told by a lot of people to do my own, but I thought it was tacky. Nobody in my family is talking about doing one. One of my friends told me she would, but she changes her mind like we change clothes, so I can't rely on that. I have decided to register at a few places with stuff I want. This is my first baby.
    barbie3784

Comment by barbie3784 (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• at babies r us when you reg you have a chance of getting everything on that list 15% off during the last month before baby comes!!! i did it and asked everyone for gift cards.... and i dont think its tacky to throw your own. i helped plan mine!!! it was fun!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:12 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i never had a shower, i figured if people wanted to buy stuff they would do it
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I technically did my own. My mother brought food and got the credit, but I did all th work.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't mind helping to plan one. My thoughts are just that I have always done everything for everyone and when it comes to me, it's like nobody wants to do anything so I feel upset. Maybe it is the hormones! Yeah I have a coupon that when you register at Babies R us I can get a free $10.00 gift card. I also have a coupon for 15% off 1 item in store. My hubby is desperate to know what we are having so we can go buy something. I think we will probably do the crib and use the coupon and the $10.00 gift card, so that will help!
    barbie3784

Comment by barbie3784 (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I mean, I would like to have one to get everyone together, but I am not demanding one. My husband and I specifically planned to have a baby when we would be able to financially buy everything, but is it wrong after years of spending my money on everyone else's kids (I have been to every baby shower, birthday party, etc and have spent thousands) to want to have a shower thrown for me? We are def planning to keep everything as baby gets older in case there is baby # 2 in the future...
    barbie3784

Comment by barbie3784 (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2010