new 6 year old step son

i have a step son who is 6 he comes to our house every two weeks on sat and sun morning he gets up early so thats when i spend time with him while hubby sleeps in lol so we make things together like cupcakes, cookies,lemon ade,one time we made smelly jelley room freshners he even took some home to his mom .... so i need more ideas do you guys know of any easy in expenseve stuff we could make together ,when we pick him up the first thing he ask me is if we are gonna make something we are haveing a blast but would like non food ideas ....thanks.

nanawanda

Asked by nanawanda at 5:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• its fall... almost halloween... make some decoration with him for it. :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I was going to say the same thing about the holidays coming up.

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/craftprojectsbyage/Crafts_by_Age.htm
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 5:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Another thing you can do is at Michaels Arts and Crafts on a few Saturdays a month for 5$ you can do a project. Everything is provided for you. Or maybe take him into a craft store and let him pick out stuff to do. Good luck I am glad that you are having so much fun.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I just want to say that what your doing with him is the greatest thing. Even if you only make breakfast with him he will remember these times.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I just have to say you are awesome. Thanks for being a good step mom :)
    Momof3many

Answer by Momof3many at 7:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Wow! Why couldn't my son get a stepmom as great as this?! He didn't like his father's last girlfriend at all! Sorry, just had to get that out of the way.
    Now, to your project... we have a place here where you can paint your own pottery and they glaze it and fire it and you pick it up and everything later. That may be a good way to make a couple of Christmas presents! Like a platter for dad if he likes to grill with handprints on them. A hand painted tea cup for mom. You may be able to get kits like that at the store. What about a pinata one weekend and then let him bust it the next time he comes. That works twofold... one you guys already made it and he really has something to look forward to when he gets there the next time!
    Again, thanks for being a good stepmom (and wife it sounds like).
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 8:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• sorry to add another, but I just thought of something that we did when we were kids... if you have some broken crayons hanging around, you could make crayon candles! We used to love these! Especially making different layers of colors.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 10:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Collect autumn leaves and iron the pretty ones between pieces of wax paper.

Go to Michael's and get these little plaster statue things and some paint and let him paint it up

Homemade wrapping paper for Christmas (when it's time!) - Get white newsprint or some other large plain paper and rubber stamps and ink/crayons/stickers and maybe some paint for handprints and go wild!

LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 10:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I just wanted to say thank you , too all of you ....... I am new at being a step mom i want him too enjoy his time with his dad and i.......I love him very much and just want him to feel loved... he tells me that he loves me its been great........ so thanks for all the great answers
    nanawanda

Answer by nanawanda at 8:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If only all step moms were this great. There are all kinds of craft things you can do. Even books with craft ideas. if you go to google you can find some really cute stuff.
    ronronsbeauty

Answer by ronronsbeauty at 9:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2008