What type of stroller do/did you use? Large one, mid size?

I am trying to decide if I can skip out on the "travel system" stollers. I would like a infant car seat and a mid size stroller, like a jeep one I saw.

But the ONLY thing I worry about is when the baby is riding in the seat in the car and we are ready to get out and go.....you have to get the baby OUT of the seat and into the stroller verses just moving the entire seat into the stroller like you would with a travel system.

Know what I mean? I am having a hard time deciding if that makes that big of a difference.

I like the compact lightweight-ness of the jeep....it has a storage basket underneath and snack treys....ect....but it only weighs 13 lbs which is nice :)

What do you think, what do/ did you use?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 10:16 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They make the travel systems with the lightweight strollers now.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'd say use whatever is easiest for you. I had a travel system one and it was nice only because my kids always feel asleep in the car so I didn't have to wake them when they moved to the stroller but I'd just move the whole seat but the stroller was also heavy and bulky and took up a lot of room in my car.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• we had both. the travel one was really nice because you don't have to wake up a sleeping baby just to put him/her in the stroller and then back again. that was super nice for when he was younger. plus the space underneath is FANTASTIC! you can stuff so much stuff under there!! i still use it if we're going somewhere where i know i'll be carrying a lot of stuff.

The jeep is also really nice. we use that now more often than anything else. it's easy and light. the only negative is you cannot put anything underneath! you can fit a diaper bag and that's about it.
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I liked anything that was safe, comfortable, lightweight, cost effective, and had room for other stuff.
    (I had a triple stroller though so I did not have much of a choice)
    Before the twins came though, I had my daughter in the car-seat one that just clicked into the stroller. It was easier than un doing the seat belt and re-doing the seat-belt of the stroller. Plus if baby is sleeping in the car and then you reach your destination, it is a little easier if baby does not wake up..then when the baby is bigger you still have the regular stroller.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I find baby travel systems big, bulky, awkward and heavy. 15lbs of molded plastic versus a soft baby in a sling? I'll take the sling any day. Plus container syndrome is an increasing problem--it comes from too many hours in seats rather than in arms. sling carrying is better for neck and core development too. Plus I invested my money in a good convertable car seat that never leaves the car. It's also easier to maneuver in the store without a huge stroller. once old enough to sit unsupported a cart s sufficient. I do have a baby jogger jogging stroller that we use for long walks, beach outings, and jogging. otherwise we use slings/wraps/meitais. you can always wait to but a stroller. infants are very potable as is :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:24 AM on Sep. 6, 2010