My baby can Read???

I would like to buy my baby can read. But I want know is it really worth it?? And does anyone know how much it cost??

didine995

Asked by didine995 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know the answer to either of your questions, sorry. But thank you for asking because I've wanted to know this too.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• There used to be a website called infomercialscams.com It was a place where buyers could express as to whether the items they purchased online were good, or a scam. Before the site closed down, this was one item I had researched. Most stated that is wasn't worth the money. One of the big things were that the kids were not interested in watching it. And if they weren't watching it, they weren't learning.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I also have a concern that are they learning comprehension. Learning to read is one thing, but actually understanding what they read is another thing altogether.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I heard it was $200.00 and I wouldnt waste the money I read to my kids...they will be just fine.
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 11:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• They are memorizing what the symbols (letters) mean (BALL means ball) etc. But they are not learning comprehension or how to read phonetically. I think it is a scam and would never shell out that much money. i simply read to my kids and worked with flash cards etc.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• a waste of time and money in my opinion. Even if your child can learn to say the words on the cards, even "read" them, it is not going to have a lasting impact or help them to "get ahead".
    You would do much better to spend that $200 on a sandbox, blocks, puzzles, and books to read to your baby.
    BTW I'm a reading specialist.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We got it as a gift and my son loves it... He loves to watch the children and animals. That being said, we are NOT forcing anything on him. We simply talk to him and imitate what the video is doing and he really seems to enjoy it. We do not just sit him in front of the tv and let him watch it. IMO it's just another way to play and interact with my son.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 7:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2010