Baby jar food are so expensive??

I need some easy recipes to make for my 11 month old daughter. She only has four teeth. By the way I'm not a big fan of cooking?

didine995

Asked by didine995 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always just heat up veggies and blend them. for Fruit just put them in a blender. If she can handle more chunks then don't mix it has much. I also do that for different foods I know they can eat.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We had a tiny little food processor and I just put whatever we were having in it and blended it smooth. I didn't follow the veg/fruit/meat or however it's supposed to go. I didn't introduce one food a week or what not. That's all balderdash. A blender or a food processor, throw what you're having in, blend it up and let them have at it. It's cheaper and better than jarred food. If you're being really adventurous you can make it ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• (Potato and cheese dinner) http://www.food.com/recipe/potato-and-cheese-dinner-baby-food-341452
    (chicken) http://www.food.com/recipe/baby-food-chicken-75911

Also try: wholesomebabyfood.com
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:45 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You might get some ideas here

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i use baby carrots and frozen peas i just steam them and put in the blender.
    cubanlinda

Answer by cubanlinda at 10:56 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Whatever you are eating is fine, or just easy to make fruits and veggies. You don't have to fuss unless you want to. Babies do NOT need teeth to eat. My 11 months old has NO teeth at all and eats whole apples, pears, plums, mango spears, corn on the cob etc.

Check out Baby Led Soldis It is one of the best things I ever did next to elimination communication. No purees. No fussing. Just self-feeding good food. My baby will eat just about anything. Cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli, persimmon, sour pickles, dates, etc. the sky is the limit and it is so easy.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:15 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• All you need is a fork and a microwave or a pan for steaming. Fork mash steamed or microwaved veggies and put in front of baby. Some fruits like apples are better cooked. Jar foods are cooked. Cooking makes things easier to digest. An 11 mo can eat healthy food you eat.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010