How can I make contacts for my business?

I'm a new Pampered Chef consultant, and I don't know how to advertise/market my business online. I know how to do it in person, just not on the computer. I don't want to offend anyone, or seem pushy at all, I just want to inform them of the company, and how it's worked so great for me. And maybe schedule parties around me?

tcmeeler

Asked by tcmeeler at 5:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• Your best bet would be to start joining groups that allow you to promote your business. take a look at what other people do and say and you can get ideas from there. I know of a coupls other sites to promote on if you would like them. :)
    markayda3

Answer by markayda3 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• What about craigslist? Backpage??

I think word of mouth is your best bet with that kind of stuff though!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• You can post journals, post ads on groups that allow it, or even start your own gorup here at cafemom. Also, advertise it on your profile page and invite others to visit your profile page to view your business. Come visit my profile page and let me know if you would like info on my home business.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I sell advertising space on my blog (which gets over 60,000 views each month).
    All of the information is here: http://joyfulabode.com/sponsor
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 9:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• yahoo has local groups that are for party plans
    bulletin boards at groc stores, apt complex mail area, dr office, car wash, etc...
    newspaper and radio are cheaper than you think

Bentyswife

Answer by Bentyswife at 9:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Don't fool yourself out of business. Internet is ok but the best way to promote your business is word or mouth. Face to face contact. Your local newspaper, business cards phone listing etc. You got to know who you are dealing with.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2008