Do you ever watch Hoarders?

I'm watching it right now and it always freaks me out.

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 10:48 AM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• I do, I watch it whenever it is on. I clean during the commercials. It is like watching a train wreck sometimes, but I think that that are trying to bring to light this illness and maybe help people who are afraid to ask. Many people who have this illness but can't come to terms with it. Clean House is the same but in a more light hearted kind of way...but doesn't get these people the psychological help they need. Then of course...I love American Pickers they simply call the hoarding... Collecting... LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes. Freaks me out too sometimes.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I watch that show and think of how lucky i am that i don't have that illness. its just nasty. The new episodes look pretty good but sad. When i see one that does involove children in the home, i really get angry with those parents.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 10:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Sometimes I do.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I watched half an episode last night. I just don't get it!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes, every time I've seen that program, the next day I start cleaning out our closets and garage. Husband doesn't like that. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I have watched it a couple times, and somewhat while a commercial is on while watching some other show, and it's always the same situation. While I know many people do this, they all tend to have the same look, ya know. Kinda lost interrest.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 10:59 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yes i watch that show all the time. it always compells me to clean my already clean house lol
    pandapoo100

Answer by pandapoo100 at 11:05 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I watch hoarders sometimes. It is crazy that people live like that. Have you ever seen animal hoarders? That is a pretty crazy show too.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When I'm bored and there's nothing else on I'll watch it. It makes me feel better about my dad. He's a low grade hoarder. Getting him to toss stuff is like pulling teeth. And he's a food hoarder. We lived with him off and on for the last 10 years. A few years ago me and the kids went through the pantry to clean it out. I found food that expired in 1996 (it was 2008 when we did this). So I tossed anything that expired more than 3 years ago and my dad got ticked. Said it was still good, lol. His room is just piled with old magazines and catalogs from years ago. He cleans it out once a year at the most and only throws some of it out.
    I realized years ago that I had hoarding tendencies and went through all of our stuff in storage and got rid of things I knew we would never lose no matter how much I wanted to keep stuff. Each time it got easier to toss stuff.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010