How do I make a good papermache' piniata?

My daughter and I want to make some for the 4th. I know something about,balloons,tissue paper and glue.

flowerchid72

Asked by flowerchid72 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Paper Mache Pinata
    Instructions for making a pinata using paper mache' techniques. ... Use a large bowl to prepare your paper mache paste (Pick a recipe here). ...
    familycrafts.about.com/cs/papermache/l/blpmachp1.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• It is a combination of flour and water...to a ketchup like consistancy...then strips of newspaper to cover the balloon. There are great illistrated books at the library on these.
    Anonymous

• Blow up the balloon and mix the flour and water paste. Cover the balloon with the newspaper strips and let it dry completely. Then you use a pin to pop the balloon inside to get your hollow pinata. You can paint it to decorate and cut a hole in the bottom to put in candy then tape it up. My sister made a pig by using paper dixie cups to make the snout and feet. She taped them to the balloon then covered them with the newspaper. When it was dry she painted it pink and painted brown "mud" on the feet and snout. It was really cute when it was done.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 10:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2008